|*** How do I get to my CIS interview?
By ferry (the easy way!) From now until February 12, Airport Security style measures are in place for taking the Ferry
- Take 101 South to Sir Francis Drake Boulevard/Larkspur.
- Turn left under the freeway
- Since February 3, 2014, the Larkspur Ferry Terminal no longer offers free parking.
Now, you need to pay $2. You cannot pay at the parking lot (there are no parking attendants) so pay before you arrive or use
your smart phone to pay. To read instructions on how to do this click here. Or call 877-727-5718. You will need a major credit card
or a Paypal account, an e-mail address, your vehicle's license plate number and the parking lot location number is 111. You can buy a
monthly parking permit for $20 or just pay for that day ($2).
- Check the Ferry Schedule and Fares. Take the ferry to San Francisco (it costs about $21 round trip per adult and takes about 45
minutes to get there). There are no ticket booths just ticket vending machines.
- Once at the Ferry Building head North West about two city blocks then West about three blocks. You'll see Washington Street first
(East West axis) the Sansome Street (North South axis). You will need to enter the CIS building through the Sansome Street doors, not
the Washington Street doors!
By car (the hard way!)
- Take 101 South, go over the Golden Gate bridge, (WARNING: you no longer pay the toll at the toll plaza, you will, instead,
receive in the mail a bill for $7.25 (as of 07/01/2015) (if you don't have "FasTrack", you'll pay $6.25 if you have "FasTrack").
For more information click here )
- Stay on Van Ness (101= Van Ness boulevard). It is illegal to turn left on Van Ness so you will need to turn right on Jackson, then left
on Gough then left on Clay to cross Van Ness.
- Go down Clay Street, to Sansome Street.
- Turn left on Sansome
- Turn right on Jackson Street.
- Turn right on Battery Street and right on Washington Street, you'll find a a parking garage there (on your left you'll need to pay for
parking, no matter what!). Then, go to the Sansome Street side of the CIS building (not the Washington side!) For more parking
information, click here.
Either way you will need your letter of invitation to your interview, your driver's license (or some form of official ID) and your Green
Card. You need to be early (about 30 minutes) because you'll have to go through security to get into the building.
Cell phones with cameras are now allowed in the building. Dress appropriately, you may have to take off your shoes, belt, and so forth
(it is as thorough as going on a plane!)
Once in the building and through security go to the second floor and make sure that you sign in. Then relax!
If this is too confusing for you, come and see me, e-mail me, or call me. I can give you a map or to see the map click here.